Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been on here for a couple weeks, finally got my commander yesterday!
I would like to put a tag on the front. I see tiny little hole indentions in the bumper. What is behind that? would a normal tag bolt thread in once I enlarged the hole? I asked the dealer, they weren't real helpful. I know a lot of states require the front tag displayed, what do you guys do in these states?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Jeep makes a front tag bracket with self-tapping bolts that mounts on the front bumper. Your dealer should have them, not sure what the price would be.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Jeep makes a front tag bracket with self-tapping bolts that mounts on the front bumper. Your dealer should have them, not sure what the price would be.
+1 I bought mine in CT which requires front tags so mine came with it. Sorry but I can't help with pricing.

·
Registered
282 Posts
you can have mine. just pay for shipping and handling. im in florida and dont need a front plate. i just have to remember where i put it

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
If tripod can't find his you can have mine.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the offer! I'm actually wanting to mount a european style tag, it fits in a bracket that would mount in the same holes as a regular tag. Would I just need self tapping screws then? Would it be hanging just by the bumper cover?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
There is a plastic support and then a metal cross bar behind the plate frame, you will end up screwing to those which will give you the needed support. There is nothing you can damage with whatever screws you install it with.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Instead of the european style, I went with the "Redneck Bubba style". It folds down so you can sit on it and hunt road kill as your buddy drives.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
You got to have pictures.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
Looks good. Where did you get the German plate ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the plate from somebody on ebay....I added some Hella 500's behind the grill today, following the instructions on several threads on here. I haven't wired them yet. I think I'll attempt to do as commander91899 did to the high beams. I'm going mod crazy! I like how it is understated, and I had some sitting in a box for the last several years. Now they have a new home!

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts