Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

What is up with the front cupholders? They can only hold one normal size cup.... the passanger cupholder has these stupid divets in it and nothing will fit in it... so annoying! Has anyone removed them and replaced them with other cupholders?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I think it is just a rubber insert that you can remove but I have never tried it. I usually just jam whatever drink container I have in there and it holds good. The divets are there to fit smaller stuff and hold it tight. It took some time for them to soften up when my XK was new.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
I used velcro and attached a small waste basket in the back...to the console. It is deep enough to hold large drinks. if it spills, it goes in the basket. When it isnt holding drinks, it holds about everything else you want to get out of the way but not on the floor....empty coffee cups, electric razor, the games that were lost under the seat. once, it held some trash. But it is great for all the little things.

Tools when you are installing something in the back seat.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I used velcro and attached a small waste basket in the back...to the console. It is deep enough to hold large drinks. if it spills, it goes in the basket. When it isnt holding drinks, it holds about everything else you want to get out of the way but not on the floor....empty coffee cups, electric razor, the games that were lost under the seat. once, it held some trash. But it is great for all the little things.

Tools when you are installing something in the back seat.
Where is the picture? :rofl:

·
Registered
807 Posts
they are removable. i take them out all the time to wash them and clean under them.
You really got it rough...i would take that commander back and trade it in for a different vehicle with better cup holders....hehe.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
My main complaint about cup holders is that there are none in the second row, whats up with that?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Just went out and looked, I guess that is another "Easter Egg" THX, that will make the trip to CO. more enjoyable for the passengers.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The rear seat cup holders kinda suck too, the condensation in the summer drips on the seat material and leaves spots. My Liberty had cup holders in the door panels.......try closing the door and not spilling your soda. This is an area Jeep needs to improve on. Ok, I'm done ranting.-43:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
577 Posts
walla, cup holders.
Voila ...(sp) not trying to be an AH, but it is one of those tricky ones.
Please don't take it the wrong way.
Walla actually means the murmur of a crowd.
Weird, huh?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Never used the back seat, I normally just leave the two back rows folded down.

Here is the center seat up (the position most of you use I guess)

Here is the armrest down

And here are the hidden cup holders

·
Registered
576 Posts
LOL @ rear cupholder comments!

I knew mine were there the day I bought it because the dealer I bought the XK from didn't fold them away before folding up the armrest in the back, so they were crushed against the seat back, looking like a middle head rest!

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Nice interior!

You really maintain it.
Thanks, I have a lot of money invested into the vehicle and I want it too last a long time.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Commander Cup Holder

At the insistence of our fearless leader,

here we go.

This is the placement of my wastebasket that doubles as a cupholder.

And since he insisted, razor deoderant...

Other goods in the box:

And look, there is a coffee cup in there too!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I like that the cupholders up front are different sizes. That way, you can securely hold any size of cup. I have had no problem fitting a 16.9oz soda bottle in the passenger cupholder, and both hold the 32oz fountain drink cups that have the "cup holder size" bottoms.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts