Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this yesterday, thinking that I would need it to fix my parking brake issue since the tensioner spring had unwound. I was able to repair the original lever spring, so now I don't need this one. It was a special order, so no returns either!

I paid $220 with tax yesterday, price was $210. I know they sell online for $147 and up, so please make me a reasonable offer. If someone offers me $175 or above, I'll include regular shipping. I do take PayPal. I'm also going to list it on eBay tomorrow, but I wanted to give everyone here first dibs.

Part number: 5KD70BD5-AE, grey color, no leather.

Please PM me for details. I'll post pics if asked.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
My parking brake lever assembly is all messed up. Im interested in this but dont know exactly how to get the old assembly out. I was looking at it when I had the center console out and gave up because I couldnt figure out how I would get the old assembly out to install a new one. Can you post a pic of the parts.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you go. It's pretty simple to remove the handle assembly with cable, but very time consuming:
  1. The handle assembly is held in by two bolts in front and a nut in the rear. The two bolts also hold down the shifter assembly, so you have to pull up on the shifter assembly to pull the brake handle out.
  2. To replace it with the cable attached (recommended), you need to remove the middle seats, their mounting bracket, and the plastic tray that contains the electronic modules under the middle seats. You then need to roll the carpet back and unbolt the retaining nut on the hump in front of the seats. The cable will then come out of the balancer.
  3. Installation is the reverse of these steps. Removing the driver's seat will help with the carpet rollback and pulling the assembly out.
  4. Once installed, you pull out the retaining clip (in the tensioner) to activate the tensioner for the brake cable. Parking brake issues solved!
It should only take about two hours to replace the entire assembly, including the seat removal. A helper is always a plus with a job like this!

Let me know if you're still interested, I can ship it this week once i have payment.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump, want this to find a new home!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump to the top since I traded the XK. Make me an offer so it can find a new home.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just listed on eBay.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump to the top! Make me an offer, I want this gone!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sold, please lock the thread.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts