Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two brand new UCA's. They're DORMAN brand part number 521-116 which include the balljoints and bushings.

Cheapest I've found these is $152 shipped for the set (from rockauto).

I'd like to get $120 for them... prefer someone local but I'll see how much shipping costs if you post up your zip code.

I figure if I sell them now I won't have an excuse to not get JBA control arms when its time for balljoints... but if i have these sitting in the garage there's no way i can spend almost $500 as opposed to putting these on...

If you're local enough, I can help install them as well (i only charge "beer" for the install).... Also have an RC lift sitting in my garage that we can work out a package deal on. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Matt, do you know if these will work for a 2006, 3.7 ?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd have to check the XK parts manual..... they're listed for a 2007 3.7L but not a 2006. And when I looked up the Raybestos arms, it looks like they have a different part number between 2006-2007 as well.

..... but I was under the impression they were identical. Will have to do some research tonight.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And interestingly enough, the LCA is the same pn (aftermarket brands) for 2006-2007.

Ill have to look up the 2006 OEM pn to see if it was superseded by the 2007 pn. Maybe they made a bushing material change or something and the aftermarket manufacturers didn't keep up.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EBay's not a reliable source. I go directly from manufacturers part numbers and application guides. In instances like this ill look up the OEM part numbers.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2006 OEM PN = 52090206AF
2007 OEM PN = 52090206AG (52090206AH w/auto-leveling headlights)
2008 OEM PN = 52090206AH

Not sure what the difference is between 2006 & 2007. And then it looks like 2008 use the same part as the 2007 XK with auto-leveling lights (note that only the 2007 parts manual lists two numbers).

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they'll work. Hell, JBA doesn't supply different control arms for different model years.... The only thing that throws me off is that all 3 OEM part numbers seem like they're readily available from MOPAR suppliers (normally when they revise the part, like upgrading bushings or something, the old PN gets superseded in the supply chain)

·
Super Moderator
14,949 Posts
There were no auto-leveling headlights available on the 2007 models. They didn't come out until 2009 when the HID headlights became available.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
.... this is actually surprising the hell out of me. I thought all XK & WKs used the same control arms.

Raybestos has different # for 06.... but same for 07-08. They're all the same base number
2006 = 502-1246
2007 = 502-1320
2008 = 502-1320

Wiley. I live in Jackson... so if you need the control arms and want to give it a shot let me know. Could always call up and ask Dorman why they don't have a part number for the 2006 model year and see what they say too...

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had a service tech list my upper control arms. I have to call on Thursday to see whats up with that. But he listed 52090206AI as the part # for mine.
I tried to see with the dormar configurator and it said the # u have is not compatable for the 2006. Interesting Yes, they also list no arms for the 2006. So maybe they would work, but not sure... If you get a yea or nay, just Pm me and let me know. I have to hold out till payday ( the 23rd either way) :) And have to order about 600.00 in new tires this week, after doing the front rotors, brakes, and transfer case fluids... Budget budget, but just keep me in mind if it helps.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That leads me to believe that other part numbers really have been superseded (and its just not showing on the online parts sights). When I look up that part number they're listed for 2009-2010 Commanders...

Maybe call up the tech, give him the part number I gave you that's from the 2006 OEM catalogue and see what he says?

·
Registered
156 Posts
So Im at this stage waiting to see if Jeep contracts will cover my control arms.....I am just askign if you still have those 2 available? I may need to come south and go with plan B :)
I will try and see what they say FYI , and give the company a call tomorrow. I got a friend in Jackson on Burke road, so for Beer and smokes that give me a driveway to plan reapir man if I have to go that route.... :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts