Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Reupholstered a steering wheel to match my two-tone seats, but the color I got from the local leather shop is just a little bit lighter than my seats.

The wheel core is off an 05 WK, with a new skin of foam padding and Canvas colored Naugahide, hand-laced with grey nylon thread. Super soft, super durable.

Plan to do another one, so will sell outright for $160 shipped, or $75 plus OEM leather wheel exchange (no airbag included). Possibly trade for other Jeep stuff too.

There's a couple photos of the wheel in my FB link, but can pixmsg more if you PM me your number.

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Bump- offers?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found this thing in the basement today- still available, now cheaper!

·
Registered
321 Posts
How hard is it to replace the steering wheel? That picture you posted, is that the exact wheel?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Do you have experience with air bags. Lol

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How hard is it to replace the steering wheel? That picture you posted, is that the exact wheel?
The wheel is super easy to replace. Four screws to remove the air bag and one to remove the wheel. And it's keyed so no worry about putting it on crooked. And yes, that is the exact wheel- took a fancy picture for my portfolio, but I have more if you'd like to see. Can email or text them.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
He asked how hard it was to install the steering wheel. I asked if he has experience with air bags. As in if you don't know what your doing and the air bag goes off it could be a very bad day.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, no joke. I do know what I'm doing and I still treat it like a pound of C4! Nothing wrong with a little healthy respect!

·
Registered
321 Posts
i think i might be insterested... but 07jeepxk has me worried now... hahaha.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's really not that bad. PM me if you want to work something out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts