Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used climate control unit for sale pulled from my 2008 Jeep Commander Limited. This is interchangeable with part number 55111876AD. Everything works on this unit as it should, there is nothing wrong with it. The reason I'm selling it is because I purchased a brand new one thinking my issue was the controls but it was not and I decided to keep the new controls anyways. I paid $250 for a brand new unit with shipping and taxes so this one could be yours for half the price of a new one.

The only issue it does have is that the two left knobs (driver side) have weaker detents than the right two. I purchased my Commander in June so the previous owner might've had a heavy hand. Like I said, everything works as it should but when you turn these knobs you can feel that the detents are a little worn out compared to the passenger side, not a big deal but just making you aware. Also at one point, about a month ago, the light on the far left (driver side) stopped working but after a few taps it came back on and never went out again. All the lights work now as pictured but just letting you know in case the shipping might cause this to go out again, just try a light tap to the left of the very first knob.

I'm looking to sell it for $125 and USPS shipping is on me. Unless you want to use UPS then you'll cover shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Other problems that could make controlling the climate in the Jeep difficult ... There is a little plastic gear that breaks on the heater-A/c controls.
Access to replace this gear is after the glove box is removed.
The new gear has been re-designed and won't break so easily

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I narrowed my issue down to the blower motor control module. My fan speed was sporadic. All speeds work but the fan speed goes up and down on it's own, hence why I thought it was my controls. I'm waiting to hear from Chrysler on my build date so that I know the appropriate part to order. If it was built before a certain date I need to order the updated control module that includes a new harness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts