Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i have a Mopar iPod Integration Kit (Direct Connection) for sale. I paid 200.00 for this a month or two ago. it works great, it's just i never use it. I'll part ways with it for 140.00 shipped. PM me i'll negotiate

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have any pics? Is it hard to install?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, i'll go snap a few pictures as we speak. No it's simple, it plugs right into the back of your headunit, then you run it right into the glove box so it's hidden. it charges when the car is on, and displays the songs.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here ya go:

·
Registered
19 Posts
ShinyBlackHEMI said:
here ya go:

Thank you for the fast response. I was out of town..... I can not see the pics, not sure what could be the problem.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think it's really necessary for me to pull the whole dash apart for pix do you Red? IT'S plug and play

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
No, I don't think it's necessary. I didn't mean to unintentionally slight you or anything. Was just saying that as far as install goes, this end is so simple the only advantage to pics would have been on the other end so buyers could see how easy it is to install. But again, no, I wouldn't think you'd need to take the whole dash apart to show that.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
well yeah....take the dash apart......or go to the mopar wesite and download the instructions....unless you want to operate it thru the buttons on the wheel, Target sells a HK piece for 30 bucks that plugs into the antenna...hardwired....but you have to take out the 16 hex screws on the dash board.

·
Registered
109 Posts
would this kit work with the integrated 6cd / SATNAV system?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
It appears to be a simple plug and play so it should work with your unit as well. Those connections are the same as mine and I have the 6cd unit with NAV & SAT

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
This might be a dumb question but I have read so many threads on here I cant remember which is which. Does this disable the Sirus? Also does the IPOD display on the radio?

·
Registered
109 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
It appears to be a simple plug and play so it should work with your unit as well. Those connections are the same as mine and I have the 6cd unit with NAV & SAT
cool, so would the steering wheel buttons scroll the ipod on the screen? 'cico 7' mentions HK piece??? Confused in the UK!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
ricky O said:
cool, so would the steering wheel buttons scroll the ipod on the screen? 'cico 7' mentions HK piece??? Confused in the UK!
Someone else will have to chip in on that answer, the unit I used is different and I do not think my steering wheel will change songs. I know it controls volume but I would have to get out to the Jeep to check the other. I am pretty sure mine also does not display the iPod songs on my radio screen but I am not certain. Unfortunantly I do not spend much time in the XK.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey everyone, you will not LOSE your sat radio but you WILL lose you SAT radio presets. You are able to scroll through most of the options via steering wheel. All in all the interface works "good" is it work 300 new, NO! but it was a good addition b/c w/o music my day(s) would be Shioty!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
DISREGARD!!.........unless you want to operate it thru the buttons on the wheel, Target sells a HK piece for 30 bucks that plugs into the antenna...hardwired....but you have to take out the 16 hex screws on the dash board.
my info was flawed!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
The piece I had works with sat radio which have built in fm broadcast. you can plug it into the antennae to play thru the radio. the ipod does not have the broadcast built into to play on the FM band. I was misinformed... i believe the problem can be resolved with some twist ties and a soldering gun. I will let you know how that works out.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Using that method you also won't have any music info displayed on the radio, where if you were to buy the piece in this thread, you would.

Not to mention that the sound quality of an Ipod on FM modulation is total crap where this aftermarket Mopar part gives good SQ.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.