226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have
4 open box but 100% working 08-10 $50 free shipping
4 brand new AM 08-10 sensors. $60 free shipping
4 brand new AM 07 sensors $60 free shipping
4 brand new AM 06 sensors $60 free shipping
4 brand new OEM 06&07 $110 free shipping

Many members have bought these off me and can vouch. The nice thing about the aftermarket is the stem is serviceable.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
The '06s still available?

How many are in a set? four or five?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
If you go to a dealer to buy a brand new sensor for 2006, they'll give you 56053030AB?

Both 06 and 07 are 315mzh and I was under the impression that 56053036AA superseded 56053030AB due to a stem change, not necessarily the function of the sensor. Every TPMS manufacturer also lists 06-07 model years together.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
315 is just the freq. alot of sensors are 315 that doesnt mean they work. TPMS only come in 315 and 433. Also im not selling aftermarket so the part number thats on them works with what I posted. I work for a shop and deal with these all day.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yeah I know, I was just saying that they didn't change the freq until 08+ so that's why those pn's changed. I've recently been working directly with a TPMS manufacturer and Chrysler to troubleshoot an issue and the impression I got was 06-07 used the same sensor functionality; its one of the first topics I brought up because the sensor manufacturer lists the same part for 06-07. Response relayed to me from Chrysler was that's not the issue.

Two actual questions. ...
You have actually had issues with interchanging 06 and 07 model years?

If you walk into a dealer to buy a tpms sensor, they'll give you a different part number depending on 06-07?

Edit: I'm not being facetious.... id really like to get to the bottom of this to know what the actual differences are.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
We had a thread on this topic years ago because people thought they could but them from other members and we quickly found out that they were model year specific.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
This is good.... I'm gonna do some work to get better details on this and see what specs the aftermarket companies are using. I have a hunch that Orange used the 2007 sensor and Dorman used the 2006. And I'm guessing the contact at Chrysler didn't provide the best feedback....

OK... way off topic for a FS thread. Thanks for setting me straight! I wont threadjack anymore. :)

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
We had a thread on this topic years ago because people thought they could but them from other members and we quickly found out that they were model year specific.
I think you forgot which forum you were on when you posted this.;)

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I'll take the '06s if you still have them... Sounds like you're close to me (from Detroit Marauder's post) - I'm in Harper Woods. I can give you cash if you want to meet somewhere..

Lemme know.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.