Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing my 60,000 service at my local dealer, in bits and pieces, because of the costs. I have '07 with the 4.7 - 2wd. (Great truck and my buddy).

But, I have a question. One of the service recommendations was "clean air induction" @ $130.00. And at the same time had the fuel injectors cleaned @ $110.00.

On the service receipt concerning the "air induction" it read $46.00 for a part - FP number LA8206 / BG 2904. I understand basic mechanics but, was curious what part this might be. You know those "service writers" - always divulging as little info as possible to save us all from those great mysteries.

And now, the truck runs great - no complaints.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reason I even posted the above comment was that, when my truck reached the 60,000 mile mark, my rpm's were fluctuating drastically at idle. So, I went for both - fuel and air induction cleaning as recommended.

The air induction "part" that was listed on the dealer's receipt was part of the original quote but was never explained to me exactly what that part was. So, I'm just curious - what is this item?

·
Super Moderator
14,939 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well "JEEP" thanks. The performance gain and response is definitely better.

Though hard to believe that the part listed above is only a "cleaning agent" @ $46.00.

The cleaning agents for the fuel injection, on the work order, were only listed @ $12.95.

Anyway - the truck has always been good to me and definitely the best Jeep I've ever owned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts