·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks just like the plate I purchased for mine.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
So here's a question... are the "oem skidplates" all just plastic? If so, I'm pretty sure that mine came with the gas tank and engine skid. Kinda lame if it's plastic, but at least it's SOMEthing.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I checked mine the other day and the front is plastic, but the gas tank skid is medal.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
sciron4x4 said:
So here's a question... are the "oem skidplates" all just plastic? If so, I'm pretty sure that mine came with the gas tank and engine skid. Kinda lame if it's plastic, but at least it's SOMEthing.
The front comes plastic and the fuel tank comes non-reinforced. The fuel tank skid plate is the same as OEM, but has reinforcement plate on the bottom. It also has a lip on it so that you can attach the differential plate to it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks Uber, your photos are very helpful, cause I was wondering the same thing.
My fuel tank bucket is metal, but not a reinforced skid plate.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Mine has the bucket and the plate from the factory -- same as what is illustrated in UberCommander's photos. My guess is it must have come with the Off Road Group?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rubicontrail.net said:
Mine has the bucket and the plate from the factory -- same as what is illustrated in UberCommander's photos. My guess is it must have come with the Off Road Group?
That is what the dealer told me when I purchased the three plates. The three plates and front tow hooks make up the "off road group".

·
Registered
321 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
That is what the dealer told me when I purchased the three plates. The three plates and front tow hooks make up the "off road group".
did you install yourself? if so, how difficult was it?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is sitting in my garage still, Want to get to it soon. Several on here have installed it and as long as the tank is empty it sounds like it was fairly straight forward. Need the proper fuel line disconnect tool and your ready to roll.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Should be installing my lift today/tomorrow, so when I get it pulled into the garage, I'll start taking a look at which ones I have. It's frickin COLD outside right now... so I'm not about to dive underneath the Jeep to look. Ha.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still cannot believe there are no bids, I paid $151 for mine and it lists for $180

·
Registered
807 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
Still cannot believe there are no bids, I paid $151 for mine and it lists for $180

there are no bids cause it is not the real SKID plate, its just the standard "bucket" that comes on with basic model. Who would buy it when you could by the skid plate instead that has the lip to mount the transfercase plate too......

I went in to the jeep dealer and complained that there is not fine print about the fact the transfercase plate attached to the "new fuel tank plate". I said it would have been nice to know before buy the tranfercase plate since it useless with out upgrading the fuel plate. They had origionally said it was $300 for installing the fuel tank. Now after complaining they said the would in stall it for $170 in labor. I wonder if that is more of reasonable price since it sounds like a big project.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I paid $151 for my skid plate and the dealers wants $89 to install. I will try to do it myself but if all else fails it is another trip to the dealer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.