Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`de like to add a crome fuel door to my `07.
Will the fuel door for an `06 work on a `07?
Sorry for the noob question,but i`de rather be safe than sorry.:)
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Welcome, Yes it will fit, the 06 and 07 had no change in the body parts or accessories.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Question for you guys who have one of these doors aswell.
How well did it fit?
Mines kind of loose.Doesn`t want to stay shut like the original one.

·
Registered
184 Posts
deadboi77 said:
Question for you guys who have one of these doors aswell.
How well did it fit?
Mines kind of loose.Doesn`t want to stay shut like the original one.
When I ordered my chrome fuel door I had to send the first 2 back because they were actually the wrong part. Even though they came in a box that matched the P/N for the commander, they didn't fit (bracket holes did not line up) and the P/N on the back of the fuel door was for a Durango. So finally they sent the correct one. Er I mean at least the bracket fit. The Fuel door still listed a P/N for the durango cover, but the bracket fit. I noticed that all 4 rivets holding the chrome door to the bracket arm looked like they had been popped, re-hammered and then repainted with a black paint pen. 3 of the rivets were really loose and the whole thing rattled. After talking to the supplier, they assured me that they had not done anything to the part and whatever shape it was in was that way from MOPAR. I got sick of dealing with them and just ended up keeping fuel door. Consequently I ended up shimming the rivets with c-clips and no more rattles.

Also, if it does not stay shut you might need to trim the 2 rubber stops that the door rests on. I don't know if you door came with instructions or not but they recommend the proper amount to trim off in them (I don't have mine anymore but I think I remember trimming off 3 or 4mm).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had no trouble installing one of these on my '07. It fits just where it's supposed to fit, and didn't require any trimming or anything.

·
Registered
184 Posts
RedCommander said:
o||||||0, where did you get your cover?
I would have to ask my wife, she ordered it for me as a xmas present. I know it was a MOPAR reseller on eBay (Located in CO. if I remember correctly)...

·
Registered
184 Posts
YB Normyl said:
Emailed an ebay store that sells locking fuel doors for Durango's and such, nothing yet for the Commander.

olllllllo, was the Durango door the exact same size?
No, the Durango Chrome fuel door will NOT fit on the Commander! The door is the same size but the bracket that bolts to the vehicle is not (and it is not close enough to "make it work").

1 - 11 of 11 Posts