Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2006 Commander and the fuel gauge is all screwed up!!! I have replaced the fuel sender unit, tried a different gauge cluster and had the dealer test the wiring. P0463 code is the only code, the jeep is still in the shop as they delve in deeper!!!! $$$$ I am wondering if anyone else has seen this issue????

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
How did you replace the fuel sender unit? I "think" it only comes as part of the fuel pump? Did you replace the whole fuel pump? If you did, what brand was the new (or was it rebuilt) fuel pump?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it to the jeep dealership and they replaced just the sender unit itself, with an lem Mopar part, they said there the only ones who offer it that way. I checked with autozone and they said that I would have to buy a fuel pump assembly from them, which included the pump and sender as one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update!!! Its finally fixed!!! After endless searching and testing, the dealer finally found a broken wire in the loom, they were able to solder it back together and put heat shrink tubing over the repair. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts