Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I started my jeep commander, I noticed the fuel light was on. Although I know the tank isn't half full and closer to empty, I still should have plenty, according to the miles. When departing, the fuel light turns off. On my last full tank, I got roughly 245 miles. On this full tank, I've only driven 165, and the light is coming on. Is this normal? What would be the problem?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
2,110 Posts
Keep an eye on it. I would reset the miles driven in the EVIC when you fill up and also write down the amount of gas you put in when filled up. Or carry a couple gallons of gas in case you run out. Probably the fuel gauge sending unit in the gas tank. Requires dropping the gas tank to replace.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
2,110 Posts
You can also use the "Search Community" box above and search for "Fuel gauge"

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep an eye on it. I would reset the miles driven in the EVIC when you fill up and also write down the amount of gas you put in when filled up. Or carry a couple gallons of gas in case you run out. Probably the fuel gauge sending unit in the gas tank. Requires dropping the gas tank to replace.
Ill probably start doing this just so I can see whats going on. Its annoying

·
Registered
138 Posts
Maybe a dumb suggestion or something you've already thought of, but I'd crank that guy and walk around the Jeep in park with your nostrils open.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts