Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 4.7 8 cyl jeep commander, could I put in 2007 4.7 flex injectors? Are they compatible?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have a 2006 4.7 8 cyl jeep commander, could I put in 2007 4.7 flex injectors? Are they compatible?

More than likely, yes. If you're still checking on this thread. but what are you going to do about the rest of your fuel system?? Cannot run E-85 without the proper fuel tank lines, fuel rails, etc...your current fuel system if not equipped properly will corrode. no performance gain by switching just injectors either.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
As well, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a different PCM and some sensors that would need changing as well.

O.P. you're being a little bit vague, is your goal to convert your Commander from a gas only engine to a flex fuel engine?

I don't know for a fact, but I would strongly suspect there is a lot more than just the injectors that are different between the vehicles.

On top of that, everyone that has tried E85 has said it costs more to use it. Ethanol has nearly half the energy density of gasoline, you have to burn more of it go the same distance. It has to be a lot cheaper than it currently is, because you'll have to fill your tank up more often and overall you'll be paying more.

BTW, from what I understand, ethanol should cost more than gasoline, but the government subisidizes it to bring the price down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts