Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes when starting, engine cranks but does not start. Try again later and starts immediately. When it doesn't start, have squirted ether and it runs as long as ether last. Have driven jeep down highway and engine dies. Let jeep sit a minute and then it will start and run?

·
Administrator
6,712 Posts
sometimes when starting, engine cranks but does not start. Try again later and starts immediately. When it doesn't start, have squirted ether and it runs as long as ether last. Have driven jeep down highway and engine dies. Let jeep sit a minute and then it will start and run?
@Oot;

Welcome to the forum; Have you ever had your fuel system flushed & serviced?

If not, it might be time.

Are there any DTC's (Diagnotsic Trouble Codes) being generated in the EVIC?

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
May well be a bad fuel filter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Oot;

Welcome to the forum; Have you ever had your fuel system flushed & serviced?

If not, it might be time.

Are there any DTC's (Diagnotsic Trouble Codes) being generated in the EVIC?
Thanks for welcome and response, fuel pump has been replaced. No codes. Try to start one time engine cranked fine but no start. I cycled the ignition key several times without trying to start and then turning ign ition all the way to start---and it started.

·
Administrator
6,712 Posts
Thanks for welcome and response, fuel pump has been replaced. No codes. Try to start one time engine cranked fine but no start. I cycled the ignition key several times without trying to start and then turning ign ition all the way to start---and it started.
There is a Yellow wire that connects to the starter - and that connection (yellow wire to the starter) is notorious for rust & corrosion which will cause intermittent starting issues;

I'd highly recommend checking that connection & ensuring it is completely clean of any rust & corrosion.

If need be, disconnect the battery and clean that connection with a small wire brush if it looks like it needs it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts