Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are several threads with discussions on fuel enonomy and thought this might help a little. The referenced & linked web site is used by consumers to track fuel mileage and expense.

I track my Commander and my smart HERE.

It would be nice to have more than 2 Commanders here for data collection.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I'm in! now I need to get out and burn up some fuel!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started tracking my mileage when I put my big tires on, I will get a computer this month and then we will be able to see the true picture and others will have an idea how far off their system reads.

I set mine up for actual mileage instead of trip mileage so I do not have to remember to reset the trip meter. Just write the actual mileage on the top of your receipt each time you fill up until you can get to the computer and enter your information

·
Registered
862 Posts
Why not? I'm waiting for the email so I can complete the reg.

I'm sure my MPG has just dropped... I installed a Surco roof rack.

On edit: now I'm in. For what it's worth, I tried to add the motorcoach. (Like that was going to be on their list of vehicles. :rofl:) I did submit the info, so maybe they'll add that.

I'm going to go in and add a few fillups. (Is that a word?) I don't use public gas stations... all my gas (or diesel) is via card lock thru Pacific Pride. I don't wait in line behind lotto ticket pickers and beer buyers. :D I happen to have a card lock invoice here, and I'll add more later. At least I can post some stats on the fuelly site.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Alondo, the only time I go inside a gas station is if I have to use the restroom, otherwise I pay at the pump and drive away. Those scratch and sniff lotto ticket people and the 40oz crowd drives me nuts.
HT

·
Registered
862 Posts
Now, I'll have to go home and dig out all my old Pacific Pride invoices and reconstruct the fillups for fuelly. I have a Treo 650 cellphone/PDA with a handy app for tracking MPG, but got lazy. I haven't used it for the XK, so I'll have to start again.

I got the card lock account years ago, mainly for fueling the coach. A typical fillup for the coach when on the road is 80 to 100 gallons of diesel. That means stuffing in credit cards when idiotic, measly limits are reached, even at truck stops. With a card lock, there are no limits. And, most card lock stations are big areas, made for heavy trucks etc.

I got spoiled real fast by getting fuel NOW, without credit card crap or standing in line twice, dollar bills in hand. Or, sitting in a line of cars... card locks are usually abandoned. Also, in Oregon, I can get gas or diesel MYSELF without waiting for the fuel jockey to get around to it. :)

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I'm in also. But, I just filled up the other day, so I'll start when I fill up again.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If we get enough commanders on here we can refer all the newbies to check there the next time someone asks about mileage.

·
Registered
862 Posts
You can also add a mileage banner linked to their website. that way, anyone can see what your MPG is by looking at the sig line. I'll wait until I can fill in the blanks of the last 2 months I've had the Jeep.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Alondo, the only time I go inside a gas station is if I have to use the restroom, otherwise I pay at the pump and drive away. Those scratch and sniff lotto ticket people and the 40oz crowd drives me nuts.
HT
I'm right there with you brotha, and it pisses me off if I have to go in, because they failed to reload paper for the receipt.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well I signed up,, have not had time to get data and enter, but I will. I am on a trip now and seeing probably the max GPM, which has hit 14.1 on lieOmeter. Tho so far it has been very close.
It will be interesting to see what come out of this of most of our members sign up.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
49er, what's your handle on Fuelly? We can add each other as friends and track ourselves on each others dashboards for comparison. I already added Adondo.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
49er, what's your handle on Fuelly? We can add each other as friends and track ourselves on each others dashboards for comparison. I already added Adondo.
CruisingAZ

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think the Commander will need fuel today, so I will join this as well. I seem to get well below what everyone else is getting for not having a lift installed! I think I am averaging 12 mpg out of the Hemi - this will be a good exercise to actually track it.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Added another fuel up yesterday after a full day of wheeling. I have 1/4 tank so I will add another one before I go again next weekend.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I finally got around to reconstructing fuelly entries from the fuel invoices from day one. Now, it's all up to date. A side benefit is I exported everything back as a CSV file, so now I have an up-to-date Excel sheet too.

I knew I was driving the crap out of it since I bought it, but to see it on paper, jeese. I've already burned 151 gallons!! I've had the XK for 77 days now. Time flies.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
But the XK will go where no MX-5 will.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I will have my wife sign us up. Then everyone can see how *wonderful* our gas mileage is with the v6 and 4" lift. haha

1 - 20 of 63 Posts