Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I took out the center wood grain pieces from my 06 Limited and my girlfriend and myself (mostly her...she took over after one wrong cut on my part...doh!) applied some 3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber flex-wrap. Re-installed them and took a couple pictures. So far it looks REALLY good. I think total time involved with the two pieces pictured was about 30 minutes. You need tools to remove the pieces from the truck (an interior pry-bar), a razor blade, a pair of scissors, a hot air gun or blow dryer for hair, and a little bit of creativity. Very little bit actually. Just some pulling and bending of the flex wrap.

Here is the stuff I bought:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HX6V4O/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Looks Great!
Nice job & Good Idea, Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some updated pictures of the finished project. All told the project took about two hours and cost roughly 50.00 for enough vinyl to cover the pieces shown. Great alternative to costly dips or dash kits and it looks and feels real

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Chooched,

The treatment looks great, did you have the smooth wood panel under the shifter area as well? (I should have read more carefully...ok wood grain under shifter...)

My waterfall is a smooth plastic that I think the material would stick, but on the console, there is a pretty heavy texture, I am afraid that it would not stick without some filler and bodywork to smooth it out.

Sig

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Chooched,

The treatment looks great, did you have the smooth wood panel under the shifter area as well? (I should have read more carefully...ok wood grain under shifter...)

My waterfall is a smooth plastic that I think the material would stick, but on the console, there is a pretty heavy texture, I am afraid that it would not stick without some filler and bodywork to smooth it out.

Sig
Welcome to the Forum, Sigshooter. Tell us about your Commander and post some pics---> http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts