Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, future Commander owner here. Lurking around here for valuable insight and info on my next Beautiful commander

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :grin2: There is a wealth of knowledge on here and everyone is very helpful. What kind of Commander are you looking at?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Good evening, future Commander owner here. Lurking around here for valuable insight and info on my next Beautiful commander
@Fozzysbabe;

Welcome to the forum; please read the following - which you should have done before you posted - and properly complete your user profile;

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/63025-required-reading-new-member-introduction-post-other-important-new-member-info.html

Now that being said, if you're looking for info about your Commander as a new owner, here you go:

To Anybody who is Looking to buy a Commander;

You can check to see if all of the factory re-calls & campaigns have been completed for the Commander you're looking at (or for the Commander you have already bought) by clicking on the hyperlink below & just plugging in the VIN; If you are still looking and have not bought your Commander yet, I highly recommend you do this BEFORE you buy it;

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehic...ls/search.html

To get the factory build sheet for the Commander you are looking at, or for the Commander you have already bought, click on the link below and navigate to "Your Vehicle" click on "Equipment Listing" and then enter your VIN number in the box that says "VIN" and hit "Search". The factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your vehicle had installed from the factory when it was built.

Dodge - Contact Us

The difference between a safety recall and a campaign is this; a safety recall pertains to a vehicle problem that is a safety concern; a campaign is a vehicle problem that is not a safety concern, but, pertains to customer satisfaction.

Additionally if you buy a Commander, and it didn't come with an owner's manual, you can download and print a factory owner's manual from this website; here is the link - and again, this is from the same website I listed above, I just navigated to the point where you select "year" and "model" of the vehicle you want the owner's manual for:

https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/my-...t-vehicle.html

Additionally, I'd strongly recommend you read this entire thread:

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums...oking-buy.html

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next tax season:) selling current ride next spring, my 2000 VW beetle, cute but totally useless. Love the look of the Jeeps, but need a Suburban type of SUV. So I'm contemplating a Jeepurban:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spied a gorgeous hunter green one at Dennis Dillion automotive in Boise. Even had saddle brown leather interior. drooooool. can it be spring already?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Spied a gorgeous hunter green one at Dennis Dillion automotive in Boise. Even had saddle brown leather interior. drooooool. can it be spring already?
That sounds nice - what year was it?

Trim package?

How many miles were on it? Or did you not look that closely?

A Suburban is fine as long as you are not going off-road - it's too big & bulky for a lot of the state forest trails and the smaller off-road trails you might encounter.

That's what's nice about a Commander - it's big enough, but not too big for the smaller off-road trails.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Did not stop. Was just passing through town on way to coast
I gotcha, no need to stop I guess, since you're not ready to buy yet.

At least you've given yourself plenty of time to do your research, which is the right way to approach it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If it's what you want, I say jump the gun, as long as the car is ok. It's gonna be winter time soon enough and the jeep will serve you much better!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We will be buying the commander in spring, with tax refund as half down 😏 for now I drive a 2000 VW BEETLE, no giggles please. It's going to be my daughters car soon as she get her license @age 16. Then I'm in on a bohemouth of a 2015 2500 Ram crew cab. Not a bad ride, but it's turning radius and parking abilities leave me flustered.. 😂

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jeep commander Window shopper here...

Good morning fellow Commander brothers and sisters! I think I've done this already, but introducing myself again just to be sure. Im not a Commander owner YET.. My hubby and I are window shopping for now,till spring when we'll be more ready to buy. Nice forum info, gleaning and learning is what its all about for now. We do our own mechanical work so I'm not scared if our future Commander needs some TLC under the hood or where ever. I"ve owned a Jeep Patriot before, but it proved to be to darn small for us! Always liked the Jeep look, capabilities, and overall stance. Wish us luck on our pursuit of the perfect family rig and grocery hauler.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Good morning fellow Commander brothers and sisters! I think I've done this already, but introducing myself again just to be sure. Im not a Commander owner YET.. My hubby and I are window shopping for now,till spring when we'll be more ready to buy. Nice forum info, gleaning and learning is what its all about for now. We do our own mechanical work so I'm not scared if our future Commander needs some TLC under the hood or where ever. I"ve owned a Jeep Patriot before, but it proved to be to darn small for us! Always liked the Jeep look, capabilities, and overall stance. Wish us luck on our pursuit of the perfect family rig and grocery hauler.
Yes you have, so, I merged this post into your original thread to so we don't have redundant threads scattered about the new member section.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts