Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to start using the third row of seats but the centre buckles are broken. I ordered new replacement ones and unscrewed the large central bolt. I assumed I could just remove them after that, but they wont budge, are they also welded in?? Driving me crazy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
third row removal

undo and screw out the three bolts at rear of seat [bolts are long]foldthe backs down annd then pull themout towards the tailgatethe front is only held in by spring clips,when free lift out through the tailgate,they are heavy hope this help you avon comm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It turns out that the buckle plate is tried into the floor of the car wi a soft alloy washer which needs drilling out. Once I knew that I simply removed the third row of seats, drilled out the bolt and then pulled the whole assembly out. Very easy in the end and now I have an immaculate floor as I was able to clean all the crap from under the seats.

·
Registered
377 Posts
So one of my 3rd row buckles wasn't working. It appeared it was broken and I ordered a replacement.

I decided to replace it yesterday. Yes, the seat is heavy. Yes, a 18mm socket with 8in extension helps with the middle bolts. Getting it out was easier than getting it back in. 2 people definitely help out.

Once the seat was out, I used a chisel to separate the seat belt bracket from the seat bracket; no drill was needed. A couple of good whaps and it was off.

My replacement did not work with my belts; they wouldn't latch. Ended up fixing my buckle. The whole plastic assembly has pushed down. I freed it and put it back to normal.

Re-installed and now everything works ok! Thought I'd share my results for future users.

·
Registered
160 Posts
when I bought mine, the third row belt was buckled but also pulled tight so that the retaining spring had locked (like when you slam on the brakes). the previous owner had the seats down and when it pulled during folding and unfolding snapped the whole buckle housing. I was able to get the buckle out after about an hour of messing with it and I was wondering what all it would take to replace so glad you posted this today. How long do you think it took from start to finish?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts