Jeep Commander Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
WOW your rig looks nice!!!!!
What " lift are you running and by who?
What size tires do you have?
I plan on starting on mine after Christmas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some progress shots.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,531 Posts
Recently installed a Sony Sony XAV-AX8000 system to replace the stock stereo and I have to admit I love how it turned out. Also added a custom Jeep wallpaper for a nice touch.
How does it mount?

·
Administrator
15,531 Posts
Just needed a dash kit, it's a single DINN so no modifications needed to the dash was needed.
Does it mount over the OEM head unit or does it need to be removed? Do they have a kit for the OEM NAV head unit?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Does it mount over the OEM head unit or does it need to be removed? Do they have a kit for the OEM NAV head unit?

I didn't have the NAV unit, just the standard and yes you have to remove it. The single DINN portion replaces your OEM stereo and the screen mount to the head unit, which is adjustable. So I didn't have any issues with clearance. You need a harness adapter and antenna adapter

·
Administrator
15,531 Posts
I didn't have the NAV unit, just the standard and yes you have to remove it. The single DINN portion replaces your OEM stereo and the screen mount to the head unit, which is adjustable. So I didn't have any issues with clearance. You need a harness adapter and antenna adapter
Thanks. I just checked on Crutchfield and it won't fit an XK with the NAV unit.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Cool upgrade! Is the unit plug and play?
Sadly no, you need an adaptner interace harness so it will work correctly with the OEM stereo amp, but after you got that it works fine. Being a single DINN I was able to use a dash kit so didn't have to modify the dash.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Everything on this thread looks really nice. Commander looks way better after a series of modifications.
MY first Jeep was a 91 Jeep Cherokee, love that Jeep. Nick named it the Battlecruiser. First time the Commander came onto the scene felt like they modernized the Cherokee. And yes with enough mods you can really make it your own

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oh I've been forgetting to posts pics of my Jeep so here are a couple. Be kind, this was not well taken care of and the black spray painted wheel and hood were poorly done. Just boggles me why anyone would spray pain alloy wheel and do such a poor job of it. They didn't even bother removing the wheel. There is overcast spray paint of the calipers and rotors. Even spray painted the chrome luggage rack which was also a very poor job.

·
Administrator
15,531 Posts
@RoninSpectre It looks nice! I'm sure you will fix it up to look even better.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts