Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if any gaskets are needed to do the the 30K maintenance? I was wondering what's needed for the diffs and for the transfer case.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
As far as I know there isnt any gaskets needed to do the 30k maintenance. However, you will need so RTV or gasket maker for the rear differential cover since it doesnt have a drain plug. So you have to take off the differential cover completely to drain it. The front differential and transfer case both have drain and fill plugs so nothing special needed there other then the fluids. I'd wait a little longer to mess with the transmission. I dont think its needed at 30k miles.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I needed to know. I was hoping the transfer case had a drain plug, wasn't sure about the diffs - I remembered my old CJ5 I had to use some RTV when we serviced the diffs.

I think while it's in the shop getting an alignment after the lift, I'll have them service the tranny.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I think I might get mine in soon to service the transmission. I bet thats going to cost some $$$.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think I might get mine in soon to service the transmission. I bet thats going to cost some $$$.
Just had mine done, service which included changing both filters and fluid was $375.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That doesnt suprise me at all. I wonder if I could just do it myself and save some money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts