Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m driving my 07 Commander and hear a “ding”, lost allmy dash gauges and turn signals. Anyone have any ideas on where to start troubleshooting?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
So I’m driving my 07 Commander and hear a “ding”, lost allmy dash gauges and turn signals. Anyone have any ideas on where to start troubleshooting?
Try disconnecting the battery (positive terminal) for a few minutes and re-connecting.

After that, check all your fuses.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try disconnecting the battery (positive terminal) for a few minutes and re-connecting.

After that, check all your fuses.

I tried that, overnight. No dice. No fuses marked gauges or turn signals on either the blocks or in the manual.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I tried that, overnight. No dice. No fuses marked gauges or turn signals on either the blocks or in the manual.
Here are the results of the forum search I did for No gauges or turn signals;

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum - Search Results

Take your time and read through the threads, lots of good info that should help you.

Here is one thing in particular that I pulled out;

Closest I could find in the service manual is in the PDC (front box under hood) fuse 27 - 15A blue is for the stop and brake lights. But the turn signal circuit is a CAN buss function and very complicated. Diagnosis is done using the special scanner tool. You could just test all the fuses, use a 12V tester with a lamp on it. one side of the fuse should be 12V all the time - with ignition on. The other side of the fuse is 12V only if fuse good. So a fuse which has 12V on one side and not the other is bad.
It could also have something to do with a bad junction block.

I'm attaching a PDF that might help you if you want to try troubleshooting it on your own.

Here is an excellent post giving a lot of detailed information about the junction block in detail and what all it controls;

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/10-electronics-nav-discussion/55657-junction-block-explained.html

I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
Thanks,. Weird, I used the link and got a "Sorry no Matches".
Yeah, you can't post a link to search results. Well, you can but it won't work.

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Yea, it seems like when I post a search results link, it will only work for a short period of time and then you get "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Anyway Earl, all you have to do to conduct your own search of the forum is go to Tools; Advanced Search, and then enter your Key word(s) in "Search by Keyword" and hit "Search now";

I was using Gauges & Turn signal problems as the key words for the search criteria and was getting some good information that might help you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts