Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 V8 Quadra-Trac II
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While placing Jeep in drive, I felt a bang as if something broke and heard a slipping gear sound , now the service fwd light is on and I can feel what I think is the rear tires as if they are binding while I slowly turn backing up or rolling forward.I was suspecting the diff or transfer case.

I only drove a few hundred feet because i can hear what seems to be the transmission slipping, vehicle goes into drive and reverse no problem.I scheduled a dealer service but I was going someone might have a clue what is going on. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
16,114 Posts
@jasmat Please go to your account settings and create a "signature" containing your XK's details (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) This will make it easier for people to help you. Thanks.

Reactions: tankman67

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander 4.7 V8 Quadra-Trac II
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was able to locate the problem, it was a bad wheel speed sensor on a recently installed timken wheel hub. No problems when I unplug it.

·
Administrator
16,114 Posts
I was able to locate the problem, it was a bad wheel speed sensor on a recently installed timken wheel hub. No problems when I unplug it.
@jasmat Glad you located the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts