Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to get random message saying service park assist and all my Auto symbles are circled.E.G p.d.1.2.3 all at once and at times it seems there is no gear engaged I have had it back to dealler but suprise suprise i am told it is a computor glitch and they have reset the computor but it appears again after that has been done.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
If the sensors for the park assist are dirty, it can cause strange reactions from the park assist and that warning. It just takes a light film to do it, so cleaning them off can't hurt.

BUT, yes it does sound like your problem is bigger than that. Could be the Shift Module, don't know a lot about it, but seen other posts similar that ended up being teh shift module.

Makes sense, the park assist as well as the trans is given signals to change modes according to where you move the shift lever, and when the shift module goes bad or sends out stray/bad signals, you get all sort of weird reactions from the systems connected to it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I had the same problem except that my XK would go into "limp mode" when it happened and wouldn't go over 30 mph. Turned out to be the Shift Control Module, which the dealer replaced under Warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts