Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New tires, just a quick pic after work tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had the same on my F150. They are very good tires. I plan to get them again for my 08 when needed. My last pair I had on my F150 I got over 70k on them.
Steve

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same on my F150. They are very good tires. I plan to get them again for my 08 when needed. My last pair I had on my F150 I got over 70k on them.
Steve
The P265/70-17 have a 60,000 mile warranty but they are on back order for who knows? I ended up with the LT265/70-17's which don't come with a mileage warranty. It's good to here your experience with them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I went to Sears and order mine. As u said they were on back order at the time. I had to wait 3 months for them. Bit it was worth the wait. Check wit Sears and see if they have any in there Warehouse. If not u can order them also at Sears but pay for them when they arrive or just cancel them. Steve.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was willing to wait, but then a thought occurred to me, if it took this long to get them, what if I needed a replacement from road damage?

1-1/4" spacers on Moab wheels, showing tire protrusion.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Those look good also. I do like them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey cmdr Jim. Nice looking Commander. I just did a 2" OME lift w/ the same wheels and same width wheel spacers and same size General Grabber AT2's that you have on your Commander, basically same set up. I'm not sure if yours did this at first or not, but my front passenger side tire rubs the inner fender liner. That's the Only tire that rubs. Did this happen for you and if so, how did you fix it?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Jim, what I was told from General that they make so many per year usually in a certain month. I only needed 4. I always had a New Spare Grabber. When I did receive mine they were shipped from the factory right to sears. Only about 2 days old.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey cmdr Jim. Nice looking Commander. I just did a 2" OME lift w/ the same wheels and same width wheel spacers and same size General Grabber AT2's that you have on your Commander, basically same set up. I'm not sure if yours did this at first or not, but my front passenger side tire rubs the inner fender liner. That's the Only tire that rubs. Did this happen for you and if so, how did you fix it?
I had the same rubbing, I did the pinch weld modification to both front wheelwells. My XK has the rear air & heat, so I had to trim a bit off the front of plastic guard that protects the air and water lines to allow me to push the wheelwell liner farther back. I then drilled a couple holes through the wheelwell liner and the sheetmetal behind it and added two plastic rivets to hold the wheelwell back where I wanted it. No rubbing on either side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts