Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went down to Savannah for some geocaching this weekend and found a nice little off-road area to play in. It had mud, (small) hills, and relatively deep soft sand. This was the first I'd had my Commander in any sand, so I was curious to see how it'd do. I was impressed, it had no issues in the sand, and even when I stopped dead in the sand, I could get moving without problems. I even did some sand donuts.

Not many pics, but a decent video (I think). All video credits go to my navigator/spotter/wife.

Video Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNCDYyHxmqw

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Nice pics. Good to see a dirty commander. Did you have any rubbing issues with that size tire? Are you using wheel spacers?

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No rubbing issues. No spacers. I picked the tire size specifically for the purpose of not having to deal with either rubbing issues or spacers. Spacers are good for Street Commanders, but I just don't like the idea of adding a weaker point when I'm going to be out and about.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
PolarBZ said:
No rubbing issues. No spacers. I picked the tire size specifically for the purpose of not having to deal with either rubbing issues or spacers. Spacers are good for Street Commanders, but I just don't like the idea of adding a weaker point when I'm going to be out and about.
Thanks for the info. That'll probably be the tire size that I go with. Nice video also.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jeep5253 said:
Nice pics and video. That's the kind of stuff I have to play in here in SC on the coast.
Really? Where in SC are your playgrounds? I may have to head up that way...

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, didn't air down at all. Everything was just like I ran it on the interstate on the way down - and still no issues.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Great to see someone out having fun. Loved the video.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts