Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what happened to getlost4x4.com? I went to drool over the bumpers again and his websits is gone? Is he re-doing it again?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Not sure. I have not seen Get Lost on the forum in a while.

·
Registered
887 Posts
If anyone has a contact number please PM me. I need to talk to him about my rock rails...

·
Premium Member
191 Posts

I presume it's OK to post this as it was on the web page. You can get it by Googling "get lost 4x4 contact".

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I know that he was looking at getting another job and redoing the site since he ran into some vendor issues here and the economy tanked, leading to fewer orders.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I have subscribed to his RSS feed and it is still active here:

http://getlost4x4.com/?feed=rss2

However, I clicked on his fabrication link and it says it is in development. But that link was active on my prior check maybe a week or two ago. Try his email and phone as others pointed out but his fab stuff may be back online later. Let us know what you find out, please.

Edit: I get his articles but not his fab page from my favorites under feeds but I noticed the link above does not work directly. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
From what he posted here, I was under the impression that he was suspending his fabrication business for now and changing his website to more of a " for the love of the outdoors " kind of site, not really geared toward selling anything. Some rules changed here related to vendor fees and he didn't want to continue along that route. If I'm not totally correct, I apologize. I'm sure someone will be along to correct me.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Last I talked to him on 6/1/09 he was still doing fabrication.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Mail bounced - mailbox full.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
You know it does not make much sense (to me) that a site geared towards the Commander would basically run Ross off when he helped so many of us. Surely the owner makes money off advertising and visitors but with guys like Ross leaving there will surely be more to follow. I have to admit its not the same as it was a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
They raised his vendor rate from $200 to $600 annually. Since he ran on such a tight margin, he couldn't justify (or afford) that rate hike right now. That's why he doesn't advertise here anymore, he doesn't want to violate the site rules.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
If I remember correctly he was not allowed to discuss (which was considered advertising his items in the forum after he stopped paying to be a vendor. I just thought Ross contributed a lot to the forum and it seemed like when the change over took place awhile back it really restricted some conversations. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Well, try his phone or PM him. 3 weeks ago, he was still interested in fabbing.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Any of us with a Getlost4X4 product can give you a phone number if you send a PM.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You know it does not make much sense (to me) that a site geared towards the Commander would basically run Ross off when he helped so many of us. Surely the owner makes money off advertising and visitors but with guys like Ross leaving there will surely be more to follow. I have to admit its not the same as it was a few years ago.
I help administrate a few web sites .. and what happpnes once you go to a sponser supported site is if you allow non-sponser members to do selling the sponsers complain ...

... you get emails that basicly say "why am I paying to be a sponser if anyone on the board can advertise and sell"

Anyway as other mentioned Ross was'nt run off he just could not advertise his stuff here ... I think the economy is the main factor at any rate :( ... just not as many people buying stuff all round.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I just talked to him today. He's still doing fab work when requested. Like 49'er said, several of us have his phone number.

P.S. He said he was having trouble with his new site but it is working now.

·
2,248 Posts
I understand that he cannot advertise, but I would gladly give him a great reference if anyone wants to know about his products as many others here would do also. Interested parties can also do a search on the different projects that many of us have done with his help.

I have his front bumper, rear tire carrier, UCA's, differential cover, and he can get you the auxillary gas tank.

If you have any questions about these items, either search or PM me.

This sounds like an AD, but I am just saying that he does good work.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Understood Yeggster. Appreciate the explanation.

I second Huey, his products are great, I have the bumper and I love it!

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I'm in saving mode for the Bumper, Auxiliary Fuel Tank (I read that GL4x4 was doing a group-buy a while ago, but don't see anything on his site about it so I'm hoping he's still selling them - I know any group buy is over) and the Spare Tire Carrier.

I think it's awesome that someone like him is around and developing products for our vehicles and will do my best to support him - even if it won't be as soon as I'd like (just working in Detroit is a good thing these days). And there are the annoying things like having to pay the note on the house and feeding and clothing the kids...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts