Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the only thing I've done so far is take off the chrome gas door and painted it black. It doesn't look professional by any means but it matches and if i didn't point it out, you couldn't tell unless your doing a fine tooth comb inspection.

I plan to do the side mold, roof rack, the back "jeep" plate and the grill... I think I'm going to go with a flat black plasti-dip in case i don't like it i could always take it off.

my only concern is... how in the world do i cover up those ugly a** fake bolts around the fenders!?!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
most of the sport commanders came with little to no chrome. You could buy fenders without the bolts. Mine do not have them. I am not a huge fan of chrome either. I pastidipped my grill.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the smaller fenders that don't stick out as much and no chrome that the sport comes with as well. The problem is I must not be looking in the right spot for them. Ive checked eBay and amazon and have gone to multiple aftermarket truck/jeep sites but have found nothing. Any help?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Limited is full of it, but taking it off would be quite non cost-effective...

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
My XK is technically a Sport - as such, it came with all black trim with the exception of the Grille.

I didn't care for all of the faded black trim and I replaced all of it with the limited chrome trim and even added Chrome door handles, the Chrome rear grab handles & a stainless steel gas cap door cover.

In my opinion, it looks 110% better then that sh**** faded black Sport trim and at this point, there is really very little left to identify my Commander as a Sport.

Some guys love blacking their XK's out, and if that's your thing, hey, go for it.

But in my opinion, it's just bland and far too common.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good idea checking an auto yard for sport fenders. I've blacked out all the chrome on my XK save for those chrome fender bolts... was thinking about even spraying bed liner on my fenders and bumpers as a way to complete the blackout and take care of those bolts.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good idea checking an auto yard for sport fenders. I've blacked out all the chrome on my XK save for those chrome fender bolts... was thinking about even spraying bed liner on my fenders and bumpers as a way to complete the blackout and take care of those bolts.

Are the fenders actually different? Or is it just the plastic fender flare

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im pretty sure its just the plastic fender flare that different. One has the fake bolts, the other is smooth.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oddly Enough, I am on my second 65th Anniversary edition Commander and I added the chrome Grille and rear grab handles. Planning on adding more- guess I am showing that I grew up at a time when chrome was the in thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts