Jeep Commander Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
This looks 100% better (in my humble) I have a Limited too and have been toying with gettin grid of the chrome. Did you tape off before painting or did you remove the emblems/parts?
What paint did you use?

·
Super Moderator
6,931 Posts
This looks 100% better (in my humble) I have a Limited too and have been toying with gettin grid of the chrome. Did you tape off before painting or did you remove the emblems/parts?
What paint did you use?
@Kell Wimmer;

Welcome to the forum;

Please read the New Member Required Reading Below & complete your user profile as directed, in order to comply with the forum rules for membership;

Thanks & welcome aboard.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What paint did you use?

If it's convenient enough to pull a part off to paint, I'll do that. But needless to say, I tape-off most of these paint projects on the Commander. LOL Typically I'll initially spray with plastidip to see if i like the look. If I do, I'll remove the plastidip and spray with proper paint (rustoleum 2x). The exception is the emblems and lettering which are all sprayed with plastidip... Too hard to pull and reapply and the plastidip looks fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I see a wonderful PARTS SWAP opportunity here. People with sport trims would die for original limited fender flares with the silly chrome bolts in em, and vice versa. Also agree that a chrome fuel filler door is just ridiculous unless you are young (at heart)

The Chrome really looks best contrasting darker paint. A properly waxed and polished darker paint and polished and shined chrome makes the commander look like it's in the same league as the g-wagons and high end mercs.

I really don't blame you that it doesn't seem right with your silver colored one. The blacked out fender flares look real good with that paint color. I may end up doing g the same with the front ones since I lost the passenger side fender flare and might have to settle for another paint color. Also good choice on the blacked out headlights. This is the way to go, cost like 150 on Ebay for the PAIR. incredible. Glad you didn't try and tintpaint the lenses :rolleyes:. I've seen that too many times and it's always posers that do it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I see a wonderful PARTS SWAP opportunity here. People with sport trims would die for original limited fender flares with the silly chrome bolts in em, and vice versa. Also agree that a chrome fuel filler door is just ridiculous unless you are young (at heart)

The Chrome really looks best contrasting darker paint. A properly waxed and polished darker paint and polished and shined chrome makes the commander look like it's in the same league as the g-wagons and high end mercs.

I really don't blame you that it doesn't seem right with your silver colored one. The blacked out fender flares look real good with that paint color. I may end up doing g the same with the front ones since I lost the passenger side fender flare and might have to settle for another paint color. Also good choice on the blacked out headlights. This is the way to go, cost like 150 on Ebay for the PAIR. incredible. Glad you didn't try and tintpaint the lenses :rolleyes:. I've seen that too many times and it's always posers that do it.

I agree... the chrome looks great contrasted against darker colors. Regarding the headlights: Maaaaannnnnn, I've seen some really jacked up painted lens home jobs. The 150$ ebay replacements are absolutely the way to go even if dropping the front bumper to install them is a ridiculous p i t a! LOL

21 - 27 of 27 Posts