Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the box on your dash - with the two red circles?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks like someone was having fun.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Man that was painful to watch... :(

But I hear you, and kudos for taking the initiative!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to get one of those. does it work well with the XK?
does that one tell the degree of angle?
and did you use it the other day when you made those videos of the hill climb? how steep was that climb?
They work great. It's a universal mount thing, you can use it in any vehicle.

The gully hill we climbed out was about 30 degrees. Here's a shot Mike took as we were coming back down a 500' hill. It was bad enough, besides being 1000 yards to the top.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Looks like you were having a good time!
Ahhh yes, the pin striping along the sides...I remember my first time in the thick woods. So many scratches and so many broken branches collected in the roof rack.

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey adondo i have bben looking at these clinometers for awhile im always scarin the crap outta myself going thru these trails i gotto know my rolling point. were on your clinomerter(degrees) is the point of no return?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey adondo i have bben looking at these clinometers for awhile im always scarin the crap outta myself going thru these trails i gotto know my rolling point. were on your clinomerter(degrees) is the point of no return?
If/when I should flop the Commander over on its side, hopefully I'll notice where the clinometer was reading when she goes. :D Other than that, I have no clue what the XK's limits are. I'm sure adding a lift kit lowered the ''safe'' zone somewhat.

As for the one on my dash, it's into the 'red zone' after 30 degrees. Personally, I'm pretty careful beyond 20 degrees... making slow throttle and steering movements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts