Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with the Gibson Cat-back for the 4.7 on their rig yet? Just wondering the power gain and moreover what the noise level is like inside the GC?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a Gibson on an Expedition a couple years back. I liked it, but it wasn't as aggressive in sound as I wanted. I chose a Dynomax for this jeep for that reason. I like the straight thru design of the Dynomax and it does have the most flow available. As I posted before, their flange to the converter isn't the best quality. It was leaking, so I applied a bead of high temp JB weld type stuff around before re-mating it to fix that. Gibson quality is high as with most national brands available. Engines need to breath and exhale, factory parts restrict this natural process. Whatever you bolt up will be fine I'm sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tureg said:
Anyone with the Gibson Cat-back for the 4.7 on their rig yet? Just wondering the power gain and moreover what the noise level is like inside the GC?
I'm as curious as you with this. I have a 4.7 4x4 and wouldn't mind improving MPG and Performance. Seems like the way to go is with a K&N 63 series and the Gibson exhaust. Let me know if you found out anything.:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts