Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ladies and gents,
I'm a new member and stoked to finally get to be a part of this community. I was a freshman in college when the commander first rolled into production and I swore that I would have one. after about 10 years-haha- I'm proud to say that as of Monday I am an elated XK owner. Looking forward to participating and engaging in projects and helping out where needed on this forum.
I am stationed at FT Bragg and love fishing and hunting in the area. Hope to make friends and gain inspiration for the direction I want to take for my commander.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Fill us in on what your ride is. 6, 8, Hemmi, what trans, any mods? What year and model. AND welcome to the site and thanks for you service.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fill us in on what your ride is. 6, 8, Hemmi, what trans, any mods? What year and model. AND welcome to the site and thanks for you service.
Its a 2006 limited 4.7L v8. stock, no mods yet. first step is to take my KUMHO's off of my dodge(295/70/17 venture A/T)-which I would like to recommend this tire to anyone looking for size, durability, traction and comfort on the ride, without breaking the bank. They are an 8 ply commercial fleet true All Terrain tire. Basically for Foresters(tree people) and construction vehicles on an off road use.

I'm in the market for either just a leveling kit or the Daystar 2" comfort ride spacer lift.(*any recommendations welcome)
And I'll be adding a luggage rack, and maybe a light bar in the front.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but a leveling kit will not help fit that big of a tire. You'll need at least a 4 inch lift, I BELIEVE. 265/70R17's barely fit without rubbing much.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
And the 4" lift kits I've seen are extremely expensive, cause to do it right, you have to replace major suspension components with modified versions of the components. No simple slipping of blocks under the springs, the front suspension geometry will change to much with a 4" lift, you have to replace major components with new modified components that keep angles on control arms and tie rods within some limits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts