Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the Commander Forum. I picked up my Commander April 30th this year and sure am enjoying the new rig. I had been driving an 89' XJ for the last 7 years in high school and college and was glad to pick up a new Jeep. Soon after buying my Jeep I found this forum and began reading posts and ideas for modifications. I am excited to modify my Jeep. Of course top of the list is lifting and aggressive tires.

I did lots of work on my old Cherokee and it treated me well getting to almost 250,000. I don't have much experience with suspension work. Are there any recommendations for Jeep dealerships in Northern Colorado where I can get lifts installed? I want to maintain my lifetime power-train warranty and would prefer working with a dealership that warranties lifts. Any recommendations are appreciated? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Welcome. We CO folks are kind of scattered, but mostly down south. Post pics when you can.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome to the forum. Seeing the pics on here has shown me what the XK is capable of being turned into. The info I have been reading is sure getting the wheels turning. I am considering the many various options I have to get my Commander lifted and off the of the weak stock tires. I am excited to pull the trigger to get into some aggressive bigger tires. I will try to get some pictures posted up tomorrow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok great I found one picture on the laptop. The rig and my fiancee when we were out climbing this summer in CO. I will try to post some more tomorrow. I need to get a picture of my 89 Cherokee and the new Jeep together.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
You have the third row delete option! You're a god!

I really hate to ask this since you're new to the forum and all, but is there anyway you can look on the tray and jack compartment covers for the part numbers? There are some here (me included) that would really like to get those parts and remove our rear seats. If you want help looking for them or removing the tray, please let us know.

Now all we need to do is have a CO XK get-together & trail run, maybe a fall colors run on any day other than Sept. 20th (Navy Reserve day for me).

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep I went with the 5 passenger Sport with the new 2008 4.7L. I really wasn't ready for a 7 passenger type of vehicle. Unfortunately 5 passenger bone sport doesn't combine with the HEMI or sun roof options but that is ok. I might be able to look at the part number on those parts... yep you gotta love Colorado during the fall...Gold Rush!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I think you made a great choice engine & configuration wise. The Hemi doesn't give much more power than the new 4.7, and I like that the 4.7 is still controlled by a throttle cable instead of "drive by wire" like the Hemi is. Plus then you can add the options you want instead of paying for things you won't use.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase. you'll find out really quick this is a show and tell forum, so always post pics of what you did with your commander.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice looking XK you have there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts