Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I've been having an issue with my Jeep Commander CRD 3.0 2007.

I was having some difficulties to start the engine first in the morning - since I have changed the glow plug and module 6 months I wasn't worried about those until this point.

So I did test all the fuel injector and I noticed that 3 of them were returning too much fuel and I replace it - BTW I did not code the new fuel injectors.

The issue persists so I did change the crankshaft and camshaft sensor and fuel regulator.

I did check the ground wire close to the fuel filter - I did not notice anything wrong with that.

I use the JScan app and noticed that I had errors in all the 6 glow plugs - I've replaced the glow plug module and cleared all the errors and nothing changed - so apparently the issue wasn't with the glow plug module.

I've bought a new set of glow plugs - I've tested them before with glow plug tester tool and they were fine.

Just after installing the new glow plugs I continue to have issues to start the engine - check for errors and all 6 glow plugs again - removed the glow plug and test with the tool and they're all dead.

I've tested again changing only one glow plug and right after I start the engine the glow plug dies.

What is causing a short circuit in the glow plugs maybe?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm getting here - I was measuring the voltage in the glow plug connector. When I turn on the ignition - without starting the engine - I can see a peak of 9v something and goes down to ~2.2v again, after I start the engine it's always around 2.2v.
What could cause a peak of 9v?

Here's the video showing the 9v peak

·
Administrator
6,288 Posts
I'm getting here - I was measuring the voltage in the glow plug connector. When I turn on the ignition - without starting the engine - I can see a peak of 9v something and goes down to ~2.2v again, after I start the engine it's always around 2.2v.
What could cause a peak of 9v?

Here's the video showing the 9v peak
@cristianoattie; Welcome to the forum;

I really know nothing about the 3.0L Diesel engines, as they are quite uncommon here in the States.

It sounds to me like you might have a short or ground somewhere, which might be tough to try and track down.

I would suggest checking your engine grounding straps for good, solid, rust-free connections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts