Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be in Myrtle Beach, SC the second week of May and I was wondering if there was any beaches in the area I would be able to drive on.

This will be a family reunion vacation but it would be cool if I could meet a forum member or two while I was there.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I think I'm the only member in MB. Sorry, but no beaches to drive on.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
How far is it to obx?
I've never been there so I can't tell you from experience. But I just did a Mapquest and from MB to OBX is 6 hours 23 minutes and 333.41 miles, give or take a little depending on exactly where you are going.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I assume that is taking the ferries, I usually figure 5+ hours from once I reach the NC border from the south. You fastest trip is I-95 to Rock Mount then NC 64 to Manteo and them to what you call the OBX. I always head south to Avon, but you need to check, because the Eco folks have caused serious beach closures that time of year.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Myrtle Beach is a fun place, but not as far as driving on the beaches. Next time try the outer banks of NC. I will be there this summer and will have plenty of pics. There is an area north of Corolla that is 4X4 access only which is where we rent our house. I have to drive about 7 miles on the beach to reach the house. Personally, I wouldn't consider driving from Myrtle Beach to the Outer Banks for a daytrip as it is too far, but you could do a weekend.:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We went to the outer banks several years ago and loved it. We stated in Duck not far from Corolla and even walked on the 4x4 beach you speak of.

We had a great time so that may be next years vacation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts