Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Great pics! I loved Gold Camp Road when I was there. I'm hoping to get some snow-off-roading (snoff-roading) in tomorrow! Nothing big and fancy, just "testing" the cold-weather, snow bound capabilities.

·
Administrator
15,249 Posts
Beautiful.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nice Pics - love going up there - from what they're saying, it's a good thing you went up today and not tomorrow - snow is a coming!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Nice, haven't been up Gold Camp Road yet. Where's it located?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks nice, looking forward to doing some of the roads up there myself.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gold Camp is accessible from Old Stage Rd. by cheyenne moutain in sw colorado springs and runs all the way to the town of Cripple Creek. We had a blast even managed to bottom out on a trail and "break in" the under body so it looks as if skid plates may need to be added soon. :) What skid plates does everyone have?

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Yeah, we tuned up our factory skid plates up there and got stuck once (which was the beginning of the end for our "stock" Commander) - after that it was time to lift and tire up. Then came the bumper and winch... and soon... rails.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I tell ya what, man... there are few religious experiences more moving than firing up the Commander in some snow and makin' tracks. It makes everything right with the world.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great pic in the snow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts