Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my '07 Commander in January and love it so far, except for one small gripe. I went to put my golf clubs in the back the other day for my first trip to the course this year, and to my surprise, they didn't fit across the back of the cargo area! :( I can squeeze my bag straight across only if I take my driver out of the bag! Otherwise, I have to throw my bag in the back at an angle. I was surpised by this considering how wide the exterior of the vehicle is. My clubs fit in the trunk of my Mercury Milan with room to slide side to side!

Sorry, just had to vent!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Maybe you need to take up miniture golf.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Forget golf, go wheeling!

·
Registered
15 Posts
haha ya i just had this problem. I just got back had to put them at an angle like you said.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm not a golfer, but my dad is and his clubs fit in without a problem. I driven my parents to Wisconsin from Dallas 3 times now. Dad brings his golf clubs and we never had a problem fitting them up against the 2nd row seat backs and then putting our luggage, coolers, etc in as well. Going to be doing it in a few weeks again and don't anticipate a problem.

John

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
wfin, I would guess that you may be on the tall side? since some people have no problem and you do your clubs are probably longer.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I leave mine at the club, thats terrible problem to have though. You know you could lower back seat behind driver seat lay them long ways.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I have the same problem, but I have no complaints on having to put them in at an angle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do have a stand bag, so maybe the extra stand apparatus on the bottom of the bag makes it a little longer. If I take my driver out of the bag, it'll fit, I was just surprised that the inside was narrow compared to how wide the vehicle is.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
If I take my driver out of the bag, it'll fit
It is kind of hard to drive the Commander when you are stuck in the bag anyway.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I didn't have a issue with my Sport Edition XK but my newer XK has the Heater controls in the back which seem to take up a tad bit more room which seems to make a difference I think. Could be wrong... since my clubs are in storage for 8 months of the year.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I didn't have a issue with my Sport Edition XK but my newer XK has the Heater controls in the back which seem to take up a tad bit more room which seems to make a difference I think. Could be wrong... since my clubs are in storage for 8 months of the year.
At our last meeting 07JeepXK and I were taking note of the difference in space from an XK without rear heat controls (mine) to one with the controls (his). There is a difference of about 4" or 5" extra on the side of the rear storage area for those without the rear climate controls. I never new that there were some out there with the little storage cups covered up but I would miss that space if it was gone, I store all kinds of stuff in that area.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do have the rear heat controls on one side, and cupholders on the other. I guess that's the culprit!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts