Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had enough of the stock Goodyears, last winter my Commander felt like crap in the snow, Hope the Firestone Destination A/T's are better, can't wait to see. -43:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Firestones are what we have on our Commander and Liberty. This is the 3rd winter with them on the Commander and the 4th on the Liberty. Love these tires in the snow. Actually love these tires all year. In my opinion far superior to the stock Goodyears taht came on both vehicles.

Jeff

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear,my son has a Liberty and he just put Destination LE's on it, I also have a 99 Regal that we just put Firestone Indy 500's on, been very happy with the Firestones! -43

·
Registered
451 Posts
I cant wait to ditch the GY's. I have already had one blow out the sidewall for no apparent reason and GY would not stand behind it and now I have one that is beating the road hard, sounds like a belt has broken in it. Unfortunately I still have about 15k to go before they are done.

·
Registered
451 Posts
My Forteras are gone tomorrow. I got 27k out of 3 of them and one still looks new. I have one that a belt broke in it way back with 10k on the Jeep. GY wouldn't replace it so I rode it out. That thing beats the hell out the road. I can't wait to ride smooth again.

Last set of Good Year anything that I will own, good riddance!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
You hear accounts of bad tires for every brand. There's nothing wrong with Goodyear as a brand. You either had a bad single tire out of millions or you hit something hard.

Why didn't you replace the bad one with the spare or buy one new one? I got over 50,000 miles out of my original Fortera's and have over 60,000 on my GY Silent Armors.

·
Registered
451 Posts
You hear accounts of bad tires for every brand. There's nothing wrong with Goodyear as a brand. You either had a bad single tire out of millions or you hit something hard.

Why didn't you replace the bad one with the spare or buy one new one? I got over 50,000 miles out of my original Fortera's and have over 60,000 on my GY Silent Armors.
One of my original tires(right rear) blew the whole sidewall donut out going 5mph pulling out from a light which in turn screwed up one of my wheels. This with only 7k on the jeep.

GY would not stand behind the tire and neither would Jeep, That blow-out cost me nearly $500 to replace the wheel and the tire

My spare does not have RWL, only blackwall so it would not match the other 3 without turning them inside, These tires are directional so that would not work.

I had one tire that had a broken belt in it and was smacking the road horribly, so bad that I could not rotate it to the front, I was unable to drive the Jeep with that tire on the front. I always rotate my tires every 3k but I could not do that with this tire in the shape it was in so the tires wore prematurely. I had one rear that looked new, one that was wore completly out and slapping the road, and two front tires that obviously been on the front too long due to the rear tire issue.

I'm just glad they are gone. Like GY if you want to but I don't and won't.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My spare does not have RWL, only blackwall so it would not match the other 3 without turning them inside, These tires are directional so that would not work.
Sure it would.... you just swap sides....put the right side tires on the left and those on the left on the right.

But if they truly are directional you can only rotate your tires front to back and the spare is only usable on one side of the vehicle. Two spares?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Sorry you had that trouble. That would sour me too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts