Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally istalled the Tech Custom 2.5 front and 2.5 rear lift. I am very happy with the results! here are some pictures of my XK.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

·
Registered
532 Posts
congrats!! it looks very nice!!! The lift totally change the look of the commander

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! and it totally does, all I need now is the wheels and a few more mods on the outside. what are the biggest wheels that will fit on the 2.5 lift with 1.5 inch spacers anyone know? thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,913 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Get some 265/70R17's with either 1.25 or 1.5 inch wheel spacers. Or some 17x8 wheels with the proper back space/offset

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks really good!

Has anyone else on the forum used the TECH CUSTOM lift?

Please keep us posted on how it rides. Seems like the front lifted quite a bit too.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I've never heard of that lift before the OP mentioned it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It rides very well, I have not had any problems so far. I'm getting the 1.5 spacers put on today I just cant decide on the wheels yet. the 265/70R17 are probably the biggest tires I can fit on my XK with the 1.5' spacers. I don't know what to do.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If your installing wheel spacers then you don't need new wheels. You do one or the other. You would just need bigger tires now. Pick out what tire you like the most and get it in a 265/70R17

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Is it hitting the inner black fender well? If so do the pinch weld mod and reshape the plastic with a heat gun

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks nice, and the jeep appears level. What is the distance measured from the ground to the inside of the Front and Back wheel wells? I installed a differant lift and mine measures 36" up front and 34-1/2" in the rear. Mine is not sitting nice like yours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks nice, and the jeep appears level. What is the distance measured from the ground to the inside of the Front and Back wheel wells? I installed a differant lift and mine measures 36" up front and 34-1/2" in the rear. Mine is not sitting nice like yours.
X2 I would like to know these measurements as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called Rustys and got some helpfull information. I was told to measure from the center of tyhe wheel to the wheel well opening. Mine is 22-1/2 in the Front and 20-1/2 in the rear. Rustys is investagating and will provide what ever is needed to resolve. I have always liked working with them. Front springs were ROR 570 and rears ROR 575.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts