Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like the tires? Do you have many miles on them? How are they wearing? Are the worth the $$$ in your opinion?
I just can't decide on what tires I want to buy. I really like the looks of the DuraTracs.
Also looking at Nitto Terra Grapplers, General Grabbers.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I absolutly love these tires!!!!! I have driven them on some very rocky trails here in AZ and no problem at all. Lot more grip than the stock tires.
Also the road noise is very minimal IMO.
So far I drove almost 15.000 miles on them and there is still a lot of thread left. Proabably can drive at least an other 30.000 on them.
Definitly worth the $$$$$.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. ^^^
I like the DuraTracs' snow ratings. I do have to drive in the snow for half the year. :-(

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have them and really like them. I have about 5k on them and the look new still. The traction is good in the rocks and snow, I went up north last year when they were new and was in about 8" or so and never has a problem. I will get them again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input as well. ^^^ Good to here about the snow performance and that you would buy them again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Keith, I bought them for their all-season performance as well. Granted I havent got to see them perform in the winter but from what I have read it shouldnt be a problem with these wonderful Ohio winters. My only complaint would be the road noise. While it is minimal, going from the Forteras it is a big change. Mine have about 10,000 miles on them and they still look great.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
My Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar are awsome in the snow so im sure the Duratrac's will be great too!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of the input. I think my mind is made up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts