Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 06 Limited 5.7 Saturday w/56k miles (downgrade from my 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie :mah: ). I bought it for 17k in great condition and, I had the dealership give me a 800 credit for new tires. So i think I came out well. Anyways, I'm looking at either those two tires in the description, which do you all prefer? Should I stick to the 245/65/17s of the 245/70/17s on stock suspension? Is there a drastic mpg difference? I don't plan on off roading, I like to take go through a small patch of grass once and while, but that's about it. There's a great deal on the silent armor's now. 904.52 installed for the 65's and only 20 more for the 70s. Goodyear has a 80 mail-in currently too. Well, the A/T 2 is 986 for the 65s and 1006 for the 70s. (tax included on all).
Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Michelin AT2 FTW! They ride beautifully on all terrain, and they last a long time.

·
Registered
696 Posts
We talking about the stock Fortera silent armor or Wrangler Silent Armor. Same tire, different tread pattern. I had both and love the Wrangler Silent Armor

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I needed to know personal perspective. I love the reviews of both and the GY silent armor's have great performance, but they last a little longer. Saving cash where I can helps

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
We talking about the stock Fortera silent armor or Wrangler Silent Armor. Same tire, different tread pattern. I had both and love the Wrangler Silent Armor
The stock tire on a Commander is a Fortera but it is not a SilentArmor.

·
Registered
696 Posts
My mistake

·
Registered
953 Posts
I had the SilentArmors and was very happy with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts