Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am new to Commanders and am loving my so far. I am coming from a v8 F150 Off Road 4x4 to a v6 Commander QT1.

I have put 3 sets of 275/70/17 SA's on the truck and will never put another tire on any 4x4. I recently bought the Commander and put 245/70/17 on it. Slight drop in MPG compared to the Fortera's, but I gain in offroad capability.

Recent beach trip to where I have always taken the F150 on the deep sand had me taking the Commander this weekend. Had I not spent the extra $ for the Silent Armors I would have been stuck on the beach. (I am honestly not use to this QT1 system yet and am nervous not have a 4H/4L switch) but the Commander bogged down a few times and I am 100% convinced the tires, slightly deflated to 30psi, are what keep me above the sand.

If you are looking for an EXCELLENT all-around, on-road, off-road tire, I HIGHLY recommend the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor's. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Love mine, especially in the snow, i could stop and take off in 2' snow drifts with no wheel spin!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My treads filled with wet sand and just spun. I was not too thrilled with mine.
I'd imagine anything with deep treads would fill up with wet sand and spin. I've seen this happen with many tires which is why you don't drive on wet sand! haha!

Better luck next time though!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well what about mud?
I've seen many tires/different brands fill with mud and spin also!

I have had excellent use from these tires in mud and sand. I have 100% confidence in these tires and IMO would not buy anything else (of course unless the $ is right! haha)

I had Bridgestone Dueller A/Ts and BFG A/T's on an Expedition and dug in the sand a few times, got stuck in mud a few times but were excellent in sand or mud the next time out, same for the Silent Armor's, get my point?

I've had excellent times throwing mud the the Silent Armor's and would recommend them!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I had the duellers before the SA's. i liked them better.
I've seen many tires/different brands fill with mud and spin also!

I have had excellent use from these tires in mud and sand. I have 100% confidence in these tires and IMO would not buy anything else (of course unless the $ is right! haha)

I had Bridgestone Dueller A/Ts and BFG A/T's on an Expedition and dug in the sand a few times, got stuck in mud a few times but were excellent in sand or mud the next time out, same for the Silent Armor's, get my point?

I've had excellent times throwing mud the the Silent Armor's and would recommend them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts