Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This trail is near Cooke City Montana. off the LULU Pass road. it was sweet. there is still to much snow up there. we got in about 3 miles, the road is 7 miles long. we had to turn back because of snow. i had to deploy the winch 3 times to pull the commander over some tall drifts.

pictures are found here that are not posted here. ;)

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/miniyota/goose creek jp trail/

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
#2 winching incident

my wife took off on a walk to see how far we could go. so she missed some shots.

the aftermath of winching.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Getting stuck on snow drifts, been there, done that, that's how I convinced the wife I needed a winch! =)

·
Registered
717 Posts
90 degrees in Buffalo today.... Definitely no snow here.. Great pictures 4.7... looks like you had a good time

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Love the pics, thanks for getting out as often as you do so we can live vicariously through you.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Nice pics, no snow down here now. Wife has the truck this weekend, so no wheeling for me.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looks like a good time. That snow looks pretty deep. Does it ever completely melt?

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i cant remember when we had snow like this for this long in the summer. it usually melts by the end of june.:confused:

Al Gore keeps up the lies!;)

CrzCajun said:
Looks like a good time. That snow looks pretty deep. Does it ever completely melt?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Nice pics, and nice trip.... I like to see the Commander does what it should do ;)

what was the ambient temperature where there was some snow ?

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ahmed said:
Nice pics, and nice trip.... I like to see the Commander does what it should do ;)

what was the ambient temperature where there was some snow ?
it was about 57 degrees up there. at that temp. snow melts at about 1-2 inches per day. it has been warm in the mountians since the first of june. there is still about 3-5 feet. so you can imagine there was a snow pack of 5+ feet up there.:eek:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts