Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
>:)so i finally got all the parts together and a semi decent day in the NYC winter to do the install
JBA UCA's
JBA 2.5inch lift springs in the rear
OME 2inch HD lift springs up front
bilstien height adjustable 5100's in the front and reg 5100's in the rear
spidertrax 1.5inch spacers

the ride is decent a lil to stiff in the front

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,940 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Why did you opt for JBA springs in the rear? And what hub-fender measurement did they put you at?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why did you opt for JBA springs in the rear? And what hub-fender measurement did they put you at?
i wanted more than a 2inch lift that the OME springs gave and JBA has a 2.5 inch lift which where i wanted to be. i didnt do a before and after measurement but i'll measure when i get a chance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it just me or does the front look a tad high?
i thought so myself after the install, i went with OME HD's in the front along with bilstein 5100 height adjustable struts. and i heard that the ome HD's have been known to lift more than 2''. so that along with the lowest setting on the 5100's giving me an extra inch. the front is a bit more than 3" total. so it may be sitting a bit higher in the front, especially after the rears break in

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
What’s the advantage of the adjustable fronts??
More lift and digressive valving just like the rears. 4600's are valved linearly.

I am running 5100 front shocks @ their highest adjustment level -> 2" as well as rustys top plate strut spacer. Rusty's Spacers - Strut Plates (XK/WK) so I have around 2.75" lift or so in the front.

I have stock front springs. I had to replace the shocks anyways, and this allowed me to lift the front for less money then 4600's and a spacer kit.

IIRC 5100's in the front actually allow for a small amount of additional droop... like 1/2 or so, which is what you lose with any lift other than the superlift.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks nice, curious as to how it sounds cause it doesn't look like there are any insulators on your rear coils? To me that seems like there would be a lot of clunking coming from the back.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Looks nice, curious as to how it sounds cause it doesn't look like there are any insulators on your rear coils? To me that seems like there would be a lot of clunking coming from the back.
There are isolators. They're just dirty so they look the same color as everything else around them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts