Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not even 1 hour ago, I purchased a 2006 Commander limited. It has a 5.7 HEMI. Where can I get the HP/Torqe ratings on this? The truck feels good and strong and is really clean. 2WD by the way with less than 32K on the odometer. Is there anything I need to be aware of in the future on problems with these? Also, It came with only 1 key. I read on another post that you need two existing keys to program the ones you can get on e-bay. Has anyone here bought a new kew from JEEP and how much am I looking to spend? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
887 Posts
There are several service bulletins that you may want to check and see if the dealer has performed. Here is a link!
http://www.xkjeeps.com/xk_tsb.htm

Welcome to the club! You may want to update you location and start a "Garage" thread.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Not even 1 hour ago, I purchased a 2006 Commander limited. It has a 5.7 HEMI.
Welcome to the greatest forum on earth

Where can I get the HP/Torqe ratings on this?
I cannot help you with that one but someone will find the thread

The truck feels good and strong and is really clean. 2WD by the way with less than 32K on the odometer.
What did you pay for it? Color? pictures? (you have to have pictures on this forum)

Is there anything I need to be aware of in the future on problems with these?
Some have had issues others like me have had no issues with our 06's, I suggest you just brouse the forum and check out the problems section for the top concerns.

Also, It came with only 1 key. I read on another post that you need two existing keys to program the ones you can get on e-bay. Has anyone here bought a new kew from JEEP and how much am I looking to spend?
A second key is needed, your dealer will have to provide the key code as just buying a key will not work, it is too bad the previous owner didn't give up both keys, (repo maybe)

Thanks in advance.
Your most welcome, glad to have you here.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Is there anything I need to be aware of in the future on problems with these?
They have a tendency to cost a lot! Mine has required a 2" lift, new tires (even though the old ones are damn near brand new and in the garage - they just didn't look right with my lift), a winch - which required a new bumper and rock rails. I'm sure in the future it will require more "Stuff."

Mechanically, mine has been sound - just had one issue where the sunroof didn't stop trying to close itself after it had closed and drained the battery. Other than that, its been good to go.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. This seems alot like the Maverick Forum I am on. Just a bunch of people who share a common intrest and are willing to help. I'll post Pics when I can. I could not really take any tonight when I got home and I will update the profile soon. Do I need to post a certain number before I can post pics?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome to the club! Your new rig comes with 330 bhp and 375 ft lb torque. And I have never heard of a limited without the Quadra Drive II 4WD system, so it looks like you got more than you bargained for...

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. This seems alot like the Maverick Forum I am on. Just a bunch of people who share a common intrest and are willing to help. I'll post Pics when I can. I could not really take any tonight when I got home and I will update the profile soon. Do I need to post a certain number before I can post pics?
Five? Maybe?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What did you pay for it? Color? pictures? (you have to have pictures on this forum)

Paid 16,995.....OK 17K. But that was out the door with Warranty BTB 75K miles. It is White with sunroof over the front and middle seats. 5.7 HEMI, all leather,fender flares, and third row seating (which I think came standard though). Sorry, I am new to the JEEP game.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the club! Your new rig comes with 330 bhp and 375 ft lb torque. And I have never heard of a limited without the Quadra Drive II 4WD system, so it looks like you got more than you bargained for...
Thats good to know. Is it a all wheel drive all the time set up. I'm just used to seeing a secondary shifter in the cab to move from 2WD to 4WD. I am new too JEEP.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
It is fulltime AWD, does your have a little silver level to the bottom right of the shift selector? If so, that's your 4LOW.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts

Paid 16,995.....OK 17K. But that was out the door with Warranty BTB 75K miles. It is White with sunroof over the front and middle seats. 5.7 HEMI, all leather,fender flares, and third row seating (which I think came standard though). Sorry, I am new to the JEEP game.
Welcome and congrats on your purchase. Just want to let you know the rules to the "JEEP game"

1. Get lots of mods/spend all your money
2. Go offroad....A LOT!!!
3. If you don't have a picture then it didn't happen

·
2,248 Posts
I bet that you do have it. It looks like a square and you put your fingers above it and pull up. It also has a little hole to inset a pen or a sharp pointed object to shift to nuetral. Look again. Anybody got a picture of it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now I feel really good about my purchase. Had some kids in a 07 Powerstroke turbo pull up and give me crap and I smoked them 1-2-3- times!!! Mine is completely stock!!! I am really starting to swing more to the mopar side. I stil have my first car (21 years now.......yeah I'm an old guy). My 1973 Maverick. 400 HP 306 cid. 11.77 @ 114 mph - 1/4 mile. But for such a large SUV this thing gets it. What Mods have some of you done (exhaust/airflow-intake) that made the most improvements? Also,I was shopping for form fitted floor mats so I can keep the car clean when I go hunting and such. Who would you recomend for price and quality? Thanks again for all the responses and help/info.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, and subsequent smoking of those punks in the pickup. There's a lot of good folx here and lots of good info. One word, tho... you WILL need to post some pics soon. They don't have to be Life Magazine cover material, but they need to be taken and posted.

:)

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Damn, have we turned into a bunch of picture freaks or what?

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
I bet that you do have it. It looks like a square and you put your fingers above it and pull up. It also has a little hole to inset a pen or a sharp pointed object to shift to nuetral. Look again. Anybody got a picture of it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

NOPE.........That is not there....just went out and double checked. Can I find out from the VIN? I will look under it in the AM and see if I have axle shafts to the front tires. It does not have the "Quadra drve II" plaque under the shifter either. did these actually come in 2WD?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts