Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
magnaflow #12586 muffler with a 14" universal resonator and a 3.5" rolled magnaflow tip....

To me its perfect...no drone at all....wisper quiet on the hwy, but pretty mean when ya get on it..

feels like a decent gain in power. but cant expect too much from a muffler swap. Mabye 5-10hp...too early for mpg gains..

bumper cutout was a pain and looks alot better in person. hard to do cuz of the bumper shape..but turned out nice.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I didn't have to cut the bumper for my Magnaflow.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Good stuff ! I bet it feels nice to have it finally sound like it has a V-8 under the hood...

·
Registered
79 Posts
HeyIDC. You amaze me everytime you do something new to your XK. Really impressed with the video too. The exahust sounds nice and only a muffler swap huh? I might do a muffler swap too. It's cheaper than getting a whole cat back system. I wanna be like you when I grow up bro. LOL!! ANyways, I enjoy reading your treads because you are always doing something different. WHen I get some funds put together, I will be showing off my new stuff too.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looking and sounding good!!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Nice job neat sound, must be in N FL with it at 52, I was chillin at 65 on the central FL beaches today, 20MPH winds helped.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Nice sound. Your definition of "whisper quiet" and mine are dramatically different though. Have you had it beyond 65 yet? In your videos that's where you stopped. It was over 65 that I got the interior loudness.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Did the V8 High Output decal come on your Commander? I have not seen this before.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RedCommander said:
Nice sound. Your definition of "whisper quiet" and mine are dramatically different though. Have you had it beyond 65 yet? In your videos that's where you stopped. It was over 65 that I got the interior loudness.
had it up around 80, you can obviously hear it, but its not what i would call drone, nothing like a flowmaster.. i hated the flowmaster on my truck and was determined to have this one quiet and im happy with it....it got the wifey approval!!

and the v8 badge is from a 4.7 dakota..i got sick of people thinking it was a v6.... everyone seems shocked when i tell em it has a v8..

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I put a flowmaster muffler swap on my Hemi, I hate to sound old but its to loud. They did remove the resonator though, whats the purpose of that? Yours sounds great!

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Iowa Commander said:
They did remove the resonator though, whats the purpose of that?
The resonator is what keeps it from being so loud.

·
Registered
366 Posts
ldc- where did you get your tip from?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts