Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping for my wife's Commander got me bit by the Jeep bug again. Actually, it's not a bite. It's a disease that was just in remission for a while, but being in the Jeep dealers looking at Commanders had me wanting another Wrangler. So now that Commander has a garage-mate.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Very nice!! You are right on with the "it's a disease not a bug" comment!

I plan to by a Wrangler Unlimited once the XK is paid off. I am impressed with the build quality of the Jeep line. Not so impressed with how Chrysler is running their ship.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Nice! really clean looking, must have low mileage. That looks to be a 97 or 98 right? That inline 6 will last you forever no matter how you treat it. Are there any mods done to it?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! really clean looking, must have low mileage. That looks to be a 97 or 98 right? That inline 6 will last you forever no matter how you treat it. Are there any mods done to it?
I've been looking for Months for this Jeep. An unmolested 98 4.0 5spd, w/ 47K mi and at $6,400 it's a steal. Hard doors, soft top, A/C, tilt and cruise... you just don't see all of this and this combo in a Wrangler. Only mod has been an aftermarket CD player, other than that, 100% stock. It even came with a bikini top and a car cover. Pretty clean, except for some dog scratches on the doors which I'm trying to work out. All-in-all, I'm thrilled. :eek:rangehat:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
It looks great inside and out. There are lots of mods for the TJ wranglers, I had to stop looking at the quadratec magazine from the fear of going to the poor house.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quadratec is sitting next to the toilet paper, and my wife complains I spend too much time in the bathroom, LOL. :toomuchinfo:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
any planned mods?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Shopping for my wife's Commander got me bit by the Jeep bug again. Actually, it's not a bite. It's a disease that was just in remission for a while, but being in the Jeep dealers looking at Commanders had me wanting another Wrangler. So now that Commander has a garage-mate.
She's a beauty. Congrats!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any planned mods?
Nothing too major. I built my old Jeeps up a bit, but they're so capable stock that there's not a whole lot of need for upgrades on most trails. I can have a lot of fun w/ it as is. Only mods I'm planning are a hitch, fog lights, tow hooks, and black diamond-tread rocker moldings to cover up a rust spot (look close, below the drivers door). Once these tires need replaced, I'll step up to some all terrains... and maybe a 2" lift at that time. My fun money has gone into my Mustang, and now the fun money is going into the house and my 2yr old. :)

Thanks for the Contrats', guys.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
congrats on the purchase.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Congratulations to the new member of your family, wish I had one.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Congrats on the new edition!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And its a 5spd manual no less!
I love it!

...Congrats on the find,
....Rob

Thanks! Yes, the manual is a must for me. I passed up some good deals on Jeeps w/ the auto... but it takes some of the fun out of a Wrangler... and it's a vehicle that's all about fun. :eek:rangehat:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
2" lift, skids, and lockers and you really can go anywhere!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts