Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time I went out, I picked up some gravel in the bead of a tire. I've tried to get it out, but its in there deep. It holds air at about 27psi, but above that it bleeds out. Would I have any luck by letting more air out and trying to dig the gravel out, or am I going to need to take the tire off and remount it?

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Lower your tire pressure as far as you feel safe and remove the gravel. worse case you break the bead and have to use a strap to get a seal or go to the tire center.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I had the same thing happen at Rausch Creek. I let all of the air out of the tire and got all the rocks and dirt out of the bead and then filled it up with air again. It was still leaking after that so when I got home I took it to the shop for them to check it out. When they broke the bead there was a bunch of dirt and gravel still in there that I couldnt see. So id recommend taking it to a shop and having them break the bead and clean it properly.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wife already took it (somewhere else) and had it reseated. Too bad I didn't see this sooner! However, I am in the market for some new ATs, so I guess I better see what kinda deal I can get from our forum Sponsors.

·
Registered
392 Posts
We do guarantee the lowest delivered price on all the products we sell. Send us a PM when you're ready to get the ball rolling and we'll make sure you get the best deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts