Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of us sometimes don't have the time to change the oil or just don't want to do it due to the mess.

You may want to check the dealerships around you for this deal on an oil change. Sometimes during the summer, they offer free wiper blades.

https://wsprod.bbdodetroit.com/olp/index.jsp?brand=Jeep&referer=unknown

This is not the deal of the century, but it is a deal.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
thanks for posting. i can get a coupon for oil change, tire rotation, 23 point inspection and of course my courtesy car wash.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem. I just went to Wal-Mart to purchase some oil for my Altima and the prices went up a couple of dollars. I guess now the coupon is worth a little more.

Sciron: How is the new grille?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I did that (call around) before taking my XK to the dealer...

Prices at 3 dealers varied from $49.99 to $17.99 for a full Mopar Oil Change.

Needless to say, I went for the $17.99, Dealer Mopar oil change (their cheap change is $9.99!).

It ended up costing me $23 as the Hemi takes a little more oil than a 'normal' oil change... they cost in 5 quarts, the HEMI took 7.

At $23, that is still cheaper than it cost me for my Honda Civic Si at the Honda Dealership!

·
Registered
319 Posts
it said there were no participating dealers within 30 miles of where I live...

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I was fortunate when I purchased my XK- The dealer does tire rotation and oil change every 6,000 miles for free as long as I own the Jeep- I pay for the filter and environmental charge. I still have the oil change done every 3,000 though, so every other oil change is ALMOST free I guess.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't forget to get your oil change for $18. I am going to get mine done this week since the offer ends Nov. 29.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's cheper to go to my dealer than to do it my self. Not to mention I'm not stuck with five quarts of used oil. Once you get inside the dealership there is always something the manufacturer reccomends doing. My $20.00 oil change turned into almost $300.00, a list of things they said should be done. Because I plan on keeping my XK I did the routine service requirments.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've found a small dealer that is actually cheaper and obviously more knowledgeable than the Quick Lube places. I may have found the smallest Jeep dealer in the world! They have probably 15 vehicles. I'm suprised they didn't get the AXE during restructure. The techs are super nice and always check out my mods and offer suggestions.
p.s.-I need to take a picture of the dealer it would suprise most!

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Talk about small dealers. Our "local Jeep dealer" is a combo Ford and Jeep dealership. They have 3 Jeeps, 1 GC and 2 Compasses. Not much variety but their Jeep tech knows his stuff!.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The dealership changed the oil in mine a week before I bought it. The best price I got was $17.99 for oil+filter change and wiper blades. I hope that offer is around after new years!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Chapman, what dealership and where?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts