Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Unless Im reading the results wrong, Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear oil came in 2nd!!!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Not to discredit the study....necessarily. But if Amsoil ran the study would you expect anything other than to have them in first place? If Mobil had run the test I would bet that they would be first. Not because they can lie but because they can manipulate the test to make it so their product performs best under certain conditions. I find it hard to take anything from these studies when there is a company name on the cover page. If I were to get anything from that, it would be that Amsoil does not think too highly of Lucas Oil.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Not to discredit the study....necessarily. But if Amsoil ran the study would you expect anything other than to have them in first place? If Mobil had run the test I would bet that they would be first. Not because they can lie but because they can manipulate the test to make it so their product performs best under certain conditions. I find it hard to take anything from these studies when there is a company name on the cover page. If I were to get anything from that, it would be that Amsoil does not think to highly of Lucas Oil.
Good catch. I didnt even realize that the study was done by Amsoil. I just scrolled down to where the results were. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts